REGISTERED NURSE- ICU/CCUApply Now
Location: Manahawkin, New Jersey
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Provides professional nursing care through the application of the nursing process in conformance with the Standards of Nursing, Administrative hospital policies and accepted nursing procedure and technique
A Day in the life of a Critical Care Nurse includes:
- Delivery of nursing care and practices according to evidence-based research, nursing policies and standards of care
- To provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care
- Providing resources for other nurses in the hospital by being part of the Rapid Response/Code Team, Stroke Team and STEMI Team
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans
- Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Meridian Health standards
- Medication administration and titration utilizing the latest clinical documentation technology designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients
- Patient and family centered care aimed at optimizing health, wellness, disease management and end of life care
- Interdisciplinary collaboration in management of our patient’s plan of care and goals from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Current and valid New Jersey nursing license is required
- Critical Care RN or Step-Down Tele experience required
- Telemetry certification required or an active participant with the Hackensack Meridian Health Nurse Residency program
- BLS/ACLS required
Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience is required or an active participant with the Hackensack Meridian Health Nurse Residency program
- BSN is strongly preferred
- 1-2 years Critical Care experience preferred
- Vent management preferred
- CCRN preferred and goal expectation within one year of hire
- Proficiency in skills related to the care of the critically ill patient
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!